Our Fearless Leader celebrates his Birthday and 40 years at u-stor self-storage!
Being that his birthday is July 26, we thought we’d sit down with our awesome Property Manager for a quick Q&A with Troy, the birthday boy!
- How long have you been with U-STOR? I’ve been with U-Stor since 1983. I originally filled out an application to work maintenance at Buttonwood Tree Apartments. I started working for the company in construction, helping to build storage facilities and office buildings.
- What made you start working in this industry? I eventually went back to school. During that time, I worked both construction and at the storage facilities renting units and collecting rent. When I finished college, Mr. Anderson (owner of Anderson Management Company, which oversees U-STOR) offered me a position as Property Manager and I started managing the storage properties in 1995.
- What is something you’re proud of or an obstacle you’ve overcome during your time at U-STOR? I helped design U-Stor Northwest and U-Stor Maize and managed the construction of the two properties. I’m most proud of how we treat our employees and how “Mr. A” taught us to work with our customers on a daily basis, and during some of their difficult times.
- How long has your longest customer been at U-STOR? I know a few customers who have been with us for over 35 years.
- What is your favorite memory at U-STOR? I’m not sure I have a favorite U-STOR memory, but what I think about is how fortunate I was to work for and learn from Mr. Anderson for almost 40 years.
Thank you for sitting down with us and telling us some of your history and favorite things about working at U-STOR Wichita, Troy! Some of Troy’s other favorite things? Keeping you cool with climate-controlled storage, saving you money with monthly storage unit specials, and getting you cheap Penske moving trucks to name a few…anything to keep our customers happy to keep up Mr. A’s amazing legacy! 😉