Get Outdoors & Give New Memories to Dad!
Many spouses, sons, daughters, family, and friends are scrambling to get last minute Father’s Day gifts. Sure, Dad will love whatever you get him, but one thing that would mean the most to him is spending time with you – and getting outdoors is a great way to experience something new together.
Experiences with your father are invaluable…so spend this 2019 Father’s Day doing something memorable with him by going outside together! Here are our five favorite “off the beaten path” places to take Pops for his special day in Wichita or well worth a short road trip away.
- Elk Falls, Kansas – Not only is it the World’s Largest Living Ghost Town – the waterfalls are beautiful. The 1.5 hour road trip from Wichita will make for a good road trip and the bridge and scenery this time of year are well worth the short drive.
- Bartlett Arboretum – The Arboretum in Belle Plaine, KS, has beautiful gardens and a great venue. In fact, this Father’s Day, the Byron Berline Band will be playing for a bluegrass and bbq special event for Dad. Head down for scenic views and relaxing fun!
- Wilson State Park – Located in the Smoky Hills, Wilson State Park is one of the most beautiful in Kansas. The park is about 2 hours outside of Wichita and worth the trip for camping, hiking, fishing, biking. Take in scenic views with Dad from the cliffs of the reservoir to spotting deer, pheasant, and other Kansas wildlife.
- O.J. Watson Park – If you don’t have enough time to take a road trip with Dad but want a fun day outdoors with him, O.J. Watson Park offers fun outdoor activities within Wichita. The park offers a train ride throughout the park, pony rides, pedal boats on a 40-acre lake, miniature golf, children’s playgrounds, and concessions for when you need a snack break!
- Car Shows – multiple car shows are happening in and around Wichita for Father’s Day weekend. On Saturday, June 15th, Stearman Field Bar & Grill will host its 12th annual “Fly-in and Car Show.” Watch a variety of aircraft and see cool cars for FREE! The Sedgwick County Zoo is also hosting a car show on Father’s Day, June 16th. Dad gets in FREE with the purchase of a child’s ticket!
U-Stor wishes you and the special dad(s) in your life a very happy, outdoorsy Father’s Day 2019. We hope you can find time to get outside and make “off the beaten path” memories for his special day!