The busiest time of the year is upon us. One minute you’re humming Silent Night while casually picking out a box of Christmas cards and the next minute – BAM – December is here and it wants all of your attention. If your holiday to-do list is more maddening than a tangled string of Christmas tree lights, don’t fret. Let us help you get organized with a week-by-week guide to help you dash through the remainder of the season faster than a one horse open sleigh.
Three weeks before Christmas
- Update holiday card list.
- Deck the halls and the rest of your home with decorations.
- Rent a U-STOR self-storage unit to hide Christmas gifts.
- Update calendar with parties, school programs, and other festive events.
- Order online gifts.
Two weeks before Christmas
- Declutter play rooms and bedrooms. Store excess items with U-Stor until garage sale season.
- Donate gently used coats and blankets.
- Pick up small gifts for last minute parties.
- Send holiday cards.
One week before Christmas
- Try a new holiday cocktail recipe.
- Treat yourself! You deserve it.
- Crank up Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” and wrap gifts.
- Mail out-of-town gifts to assure they arrive on time.
- Drop a few coins in a Salvation Army bucket.
- Prepare the guest bedroom.
- Don’t forget to pay your U-STOR bill.
- Make a batch or two of your favorite cookies.
- December 24: Leave milk and cookies for Santa.
- December 25: You made it! Relax and enjoy the moment.