Garage sale season is upon us. Time to get organized!
When is the best time to have a garage sale? The answer is now! Spring is the perfect time to clear out clutter and soon, garage sale enthusiasts everywhere will start searching online and cruising the streets for stuff to buy.
Here are a few tips for a successful plan to declutter, get organized, and make some cash at your next garage sale:
- If you don’t use it regularly, sell it. Do you still have those old pleated jeans or that fanny pack from the 90s? They’re making a comeback so sell them to someone who will put them to good use!
- Sort everything into 4 piles: Keep, Sell, Recycle, or Trash. Take the time to go through your attic, basement, cabinets, closets, under beds, and storage bins.
- Is a community sale possible? Teaming up with your neighbors can reduce workload, shifts, and make setting up and breaking down easier.
- Highlight the most attractive items by placing them closer to the street to catch the eyes of passersby!
- Make purchasing easy. Be sure prices are reasonable (cheap!), easy to see, and be sure you have plenty of change on hand for cash purchases. You might even consider using a cashless app (Venmo, CashApp, or even Facebook) to make it even more convenient.
Remember, sometimes one man’s junk is not another man’s treasure. For all that stuff you can’t sell right now, we know a place (actually 7 of them) with some space available. Find your nearest neighborhood U-STOR, shop local, and get 50% off with cheap Wichita storage.
Take advantage of our move-in special & reserve a storage unit near you (climate-controlled storage included)!